Objective: The job holder will support the Tanzania Country office in administration, logistics, procurement, driving, clerical and general office coordination and travel while maintaining already established administrative procedures and to contribute to the smooth and effective functioning of the Regional Office.
· Report and coordinate office and equipment repairs
· Assist in booking venues for official meetings and workshops
· Coordinate replenishment of office consumables
· Assist in files management of the physical non-confidential documents
· Collect open record and distribute the mail
· Pay bills and undertake other chores as directed
· Conduct travel bookings and accommodation for staffs and visitors, with the approval of the Finance and Administration officer
· Support in procurement of goods and services, permits, sourcing quotations, maintenance of accurate inventory list, statutory filing and other logistical activities for the Country Office, liaising with the Finance and Administration Officer and the Regional Procurement Officer
Driving and Logistics
· Drive CBM staff members and official visitors for project-related trips, activities and assignments as requested and assist in organizing official trips and visits.
· Facilitate the transfer of project visitors to/from their respective hotels to the office as well as airport transfers upon request.
· To maintain an up-date record of the log book (mileage, destinations, times & passengers, maintenance) for each approved trip in the book provided.
· To uphold and abide by the Vehicle policy and local traffic rules and standards;
· Ensure that vehicles are regularly maintained and serviced.
· Perform vehicle inspection and routine maintenance for all CBM vehicles.
· Provide accident report and assist in insurance claim reporting as required.
· Ensure up to date licensing, tax and insurance payments of all office vehicles.
Professional Profile and Requirement
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
· Completion of Advanced Secondary or Diploma education level;
· At least 1 year in a related role handling both office administration and logistics, preferably for a busy organization within Dar es Salaam;
· Valid Tanzanian Driving License.
· Minimum of 5 years driving experience in Dar es Salaam and nearby regions.
· Excellent knowledge of Tanzanian traffic regulations, a good knowledge of the city and alternate routes to enable quick access.
· Able to assist with simple administrative Office tasks and render logistical support in office operations
· Certificate of Good conduct from the police
· Previous working experience in an INGO environment is an added advantage.
· Experience of working with people with disabilities, and the disability-inclusive development sector would be a considerable advantage.
· Willingness to travel, within and outside the Dar es Salaam.
· Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s values, CBM S&S Standard Operating Procedures
· Proficiency with relevant computer applications, including E-mail and Word, Excel, and other Microsoft applications
· Ability to use English for communication.
A client is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the vacant post for Administration Assistant
How to Apply
Please send CV and Cover Letter Online