Job: Call Centre, Service and Collections
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent.
Unposting Date: 05/Mar/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To be a World Class Service Client Centre
• To provide breakthrough one stop service in a consistent, professional manner – embracing our Brand Values (Do the Right thing, Never Settle, Better Together).
• To achieve first call resolution.
• To be effectively multilingual to better handle all inbound/outbound calls for all Retail Banking Clients (English, Kiswahili)
• To improve and maintain the Bank’s No 1 position in quality services and ensure that Group and other Business service levels agreed for various services are met.
• To provide prompt, accurate and courteous service ensuring to fulfill promises made to customers. Under-promise but over-deliver.
2. Financial Performance
• To support all Marketing related programs.
• Intensify referrals and cross sell for unsecured loans, CASA, Digital Migration
• Forward referrals Accordingly
• To take all inbound sales calls.
• To cross sell the bank’s products in the process of attending to customers.
• To ensure better management of time, stationery, equipment and telephone usage to manage costs.
Control and Risk Management
Deliver World Class one-stop customer service via phone:
a) Handling service & sales inquiries.
b) Ensure to achieve high number of calls as individuals without compromising on the quality and professionalism.
c) Strengthen customer service capabilities by adhering to required standards: Identify Bank, identify self, address customers by name; provide prompt, accurate and courteous service and accurate records.
d) Service recovery – turn a complaint/unhappy customer into a loyal satisfied customer with professional and empathetic service recovery.
e) Timely stop/warming of cards and stop cheques as per customer requests
f) Ensure accurate update of cards and cheque books on the necessary systems
g) Provide Alternate Deliver Channels support on Mobile Banking, Online Banking and e-Statement requests
Follow up activity arising from customers call:
a) Resolution of complaint where possible or prompt submission of the complaint to Customer Contact Unit.
b) Highlight operational issues expressed by customers.
c) Logging of service statistics, complaints, enquiries, ad hoc customer surveys, various service and product promotions all accurately.
Meet &/or exceed service standard and target:
a) By contributing to achieve the department objectives on customer care line of 80% calls responded to within 20 seconds. Also ensure less than 5% calls are abandoned.
b) Ensure requests or investigations are completed appropriately and faxed out to other channels/departments within the same day.
c) Ensure superb follow-up and fulfill promises made to our customers.
d) Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations and controls and procedures of the Bank.
e) Always ensure to take 100% ownership of every situation with a customer
f) Meet the required targets as follows as per Score card requirements
Conduct sales activities via phone:
a) Proactively create sales opportunities, capture sales leads and generate business referrals through inbound servicing calls or close sales based on request by customers.
b) Probe & identify financial needs on service calls and pitch relevant solutions in line with customer charter
c) Ensure referrals are keyed into pipelines in a timely manner or forward to the Contact Center Managers and monitor for closures.
d) To accept and execute customer instructions.
e) To ensure efficient problem and complaint resolution.
f) To capture customer feedback for future improvement
g) Ensure all sales pitches are made without miss-selling
h) To acquire multi-skill for supporting multi-product targets such as Unsecured Lending products and services, mortgage and wealth management services etc.
• Timely requests for the following Service Through Phone, Online, Mobile and Branch Channels
• Statement, Cheque book, Card activations requests
• Accurate scanning of documents for other departments to action
• All reports for the days queries i.e. Call logs, ADC Product requests (unlock/reset status)
• Accurate Filing and Daily Static Data requests,
• Recovery of fees and charges on statement requests (where a waiver is due, ensure to seek authorization) or any other requests that attract fees.
• Any other requests that need to be forwarded to other Units for processing as per DOI.
• To keep self-updated on products and workflow procedures and ensure full compliance with operational risks and control.
KNOW HOW AND EXPERIENCE
• Well versed in the entire Consumer Banking products and Procedures.
• Well versed in Bank control and processes.
• Good telephone manners
• Good at complaint resolution. Strong interpersonal skills in order to handle irate customers and to sell our new services / Products
• Evaluation and resolution of complaints.
• Evaluation of customer needs.
• Evaluation of what product to cross sale.
• Multilingual in English and Kiswahili.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.