Report to: Director of Grants
Job summary: This position will ensure the organization and subgrantees complies with laws, regulations, donors terms and conditions as well as third parties’ contractual terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the organization complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulation and USG federal regulations
- Review and evaluate accounting and related control systems policies and procedures for compliance, adequacy and effectiveness in line with code of federalregulation and accounting best practi
- Conduct periodic compliance tests on financialand administrative controls to ensure their effectiveness, reliability and integrity.
- Identify and develop risk management strategy for the organization, projects and sub recipients and report progress on quarterly.
- Develop, mentor and develop sub recipients on compliance and
- Prepare reports to MDH management on observations and findings, making improvement and follow up of implementation of past recommendations by the management, compliance department, auditors and evaluators
- Verify assets and liabilities and make appropriate recommendations.
- Diagnose and develop enhanced procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory, financial, program, projects, strategic information and core operationalsystem requirements.
- Conducting pre award assessment and continuous assessment to all sub grantees on their capabilities to deliver expected results and donor terms and
- Review organization grants manualto ensure it aligns with donor expectations in financialand programmatic project management
- Follow up of implementation of internal, external, evaluator and OIG recommendations
Required education and experience
- Professional accounting qualifications required e.CPA (T),ACCA,CIMA
- Master’s degree on Business administration or related field
- 4 years’ experience in the same or equivalent position with auditing firm or NGOs or funding agencies
- 4 years’ work experience in donor-funded programs and projects
- Experienced in USG grants management policies, Code of federal regulations (CFR) and relevant applicable circulars
- Knowledge of grants management
- 4 years’work experience in compliance audit or internal audit or external auditing
- Analytical and report writing skills on finance, accounting, program and strategic information and present to the management
- Conversant with Tanzania laws and regulations, and donors laws and regulations
- Experienced in risk management strategy from identification, assessment, evaluation, mitigation strategies and follow up of implementation
- Ability to transfer compliance skills and knowledge through training and mentoring