- Through his Finance and Accounting team, maintain clear and up-to-date books of account that meet internationally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Provide overall support in establishing a proper internal control system to achieve accountability at all levels and assurance and that project funds are used for intended purposes with due consideration while observing economy, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Train and provide technical support to the Secretariat and Sector Skills Coordinators and Finance staff in fine tuning their Financial Management systems for proper internal control systems and generation of the required financial reports.
- Regularly advise the Executive Director on financial issues through periodic reports and consultations and alert against any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence and problems whether actual or potential concerning the financial systems, operations, plans, accounting, audits, budgets and any other matter of a financial nature.
- Train and provide technical support to the implementing agencies’ managers in preparing the quarterly financial reports i.e. financial, procurement and physical progress reports for the project for submission to Project Coordinator and Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST).
- Facilitate all financial reviews of the utilization of funds and accounts by the Government of Tanzania internal auditors, External Auditors, the World Bank and other donors’ supervision missions and provide support on audit matters as directed by the Project Coordinator and donors from time to time.
- Maintain a working relationship and develop additional relationships with banks and financial institutions with the aim of securing the funds necessary for the operations of the organization, the attainment of its development plans and its investments.
- Evaluate financial trends and when necessary, recommend courses of action to correct budget imbalances.
- Act as a custodian of all Project Assets, both fixed and current.
- Perform any other related duties and task as may be assigned by the Executive Director
The Director of Finance should be an experienced accounting and financial management expert and should be familiar with the relevant accounting and finance policies of the Government of Tanzania as well as donor policies and procedures relating to financial management and disbursements. It is expected that the Director should have the following attributes: –
- Possess an accounting professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA etc.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business and Finance or equivalent
- At least five years working experience in finance, accounts, audit or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience working on donor funded projects.
- Knowledge of accounting software packages;
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Strong analytical capabilities and proven skills to deal with Financial Management issues innovatively and independently;
- Capacity to be a member of a multi-disciplinary team, to provide advice and recommend actions;
- Proficient in preparing and presenting reports, and
- Proficiency in communication orally and written English
The Director of Finance shall report directly to the TPSF Executive Director.
The ideal candidate must be well organized, self-motivated, highly responsible and able to work in teams, analytical, conceptually thinking, ability to take risks and make independent decisions; ability to work unsupervised and under pressure; fluency in spoken and written English; and with good computer skills.
All these positions will be recruited on a one-year renewal basis and receive an attractive salary commensurate to the level of skills and experience. The contract may be renewed contingent upon project budgeting and satisfactory performance evaluation.
Deadlines & Requirements
The deadline is two (2) weeks after appearance of this advertisement
Please send your well written Application Letter accompanied by your updated CV.