The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
To apply for this position please follow the link at the end of this advert
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of Emergency Officer is to enable displacement affected persons access timely humanitarian assistance upon arrival in the camp and their continued support. The officer will achieve this through guiding and supporting staffs working at the Distribution and Reception centre in the Refugee Camp.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Camp Management strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Assess, promote and document ideas for improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of procedures and existing systems
- Collaborate with other humanitarian organizations in the camp when receiving new arrivals and organizing for their timely assistance.
- Monitor living conditions and access to services for persons residing at the reception centre
- Provide guidance and management to the distribution team during Non-Food Items (NFI’s) distributions.
- Organize and prepare distribution plans in collaboration with partners ensuring that distribution procedures are in line with the requirements of donor agencies.
- Carry out assessment and plan for regular maintenance of facilities installed at the reception centres.
- Manage data, prepare reports and maintain records for both distribution and the reception centre.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of systems for enhanced accountability in service provision.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Engage with the community representatives and facilitate two-way information sharing on issues relating to reception and distribution activities.
- Represent NRC in coordination meetings whenever required
Camp Management Project Manager, Community Services Coordinator, Area Manager
All NRC Employees in Kasulu, Mekere and Nyaragusu
Administration / Organisation / Management
Education title: Project Management
College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years relevant experience from a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Swahili, French or Kirundi is an advantage
Duty station: Nyarugusu
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nyarugusu Camp.
Deadline for application:11/01/2019