The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for developing M&E systems, capacity building of project staff, interns, volunteers and stakeholders in project monitoring and consolidation, documentation and reporting relating to Maternal Newborn Health.
Dissemination of monitoring and evaluation data & reports Internally and externally 30%
- Consolidate monthly data from respective district activities conducted by IMPACT.
- Ensure quality preparation and timely submission of reports to staff and funding partner
- Contribute to the preparation of materials and proposals such as the annual, quarterly and monthly reports
- Present and disseminate monitoring and evaluation findings to appropriate stakeholders, including government, funding partner and other relevant stakeholders.
Oversight of implementation of M&E systems & tools 20%
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems and tools, data collection, entry, cleaning and storage are appropriately implemented by project staff.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation data is analyzed to an appropriate standard and that results of analysis inform project decision making.
- Coordinate implementation of surveys, evaluations and researches as requested by management.
- Coordinate and analyze impact evaluation data.
Capacity building of IMPACT staff and other government stakeholders 20%
- Develop a capacity building plan and identification of internal capacity needs of staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that all IMPACT staff have the capacity to conduct field work, coordinate output monitoring, analyze basic monitoring data and present findings.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of appropriate training and support systems for staff to ensure quality implementation of monitoring and reporting tools.
- Plan, lead and evaluate regular M&E training workshops to build the capacity of project staff in use of M&E data for project improvement.
- Mentoring of project fellows in Monitoring and Reporting in collaboration with MERL Manager and Data Manager.
- Provide supervision for quantitative and qualitative data collection activities as applicable.
- Conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of assessment questionnaires.
- Provide supervision for data entry of quantitative data, clean data and conduct data analysis.
- Supervise all M&E casual workers (Enumerators and Data Entry clerks) where applicable.
- Participate in the baseline, mid-term and end of term evaluations of IMPACT in accordance with the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF).
- Ensure that hard copies and soft copies of data collected is kept at project site.
- Prepare informative field reports, identify shortcomings and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis.
- Participate and attend district/ regional and national events as required
Development of appropriate M&E systems, indicators and tools 15%
- Develop and refine the project log frame, systems and tools to ensure the project is being monitored and evaluated effectively, efficiently and in line with national strategies and donor requirements.
- To share ideas and best practice with other programme partners, staff and stakeholders.
- To assist on the continual review and improvement process via the Evidence Based Decision Making frameworkw ith regards to Restless Developments monitoring and evaluation function.
Financial planning & management 10%
- Support the administration and finance team to manage and monitor the project procurements and budget.
- Ensure that all funds are accounted for on time and accompanied by the required documentation enabling accurate and timely reporting.
- Support the development of procurement and financial reports as required.
- Uphold procurement and financial policy and procedure.
Any other duties assigned by supervisor 5%
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in relevant field of study (e.g. Social Sciences, Development Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics).
- At least one year experience in relevant field (M&E,International Development, ASRH,).
- At least one year of experience working in monitoring and evaluation, including design of systems and tools, data analysis and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and share.
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues and trends in M&E in the field of MNH and ASRH.
- Excellent IT, including relevant M&E packages (Epilnfo, SPSS, Stata etc).
- Excellent data consolidation and reporting skills.
- Ability to travel regularly to project areas and spend nights if necessary.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team desirable.
- Demonstrated experience managing data, finances and/or administrative systems.
- An understanding of contemporary development issues particularly of MNH & ASRH.
- Experience Working in a multicultural environment.
- Individual must be results orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills.The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing organization and be personally committed to Aga Khan Health Services, Tanzania mission and values.
- Individual must be results orientated, highly self-motivated, be able to work independently and as part of a team and have demonstrated analytical skills.
Duty Station: Mwanza, Tanzania
How to Apply
Click the button below.