JOB TITLE: PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
APPOINTING AUTHORITY: MANAGING DIRECTOR
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: 3 YEARS CONTRACT
RESPONSIBLE TO: PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER
SALARY SCALE: KWSS8
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The holder of this position must have a Diploma in Civil/Water Resources Engineering with at least relevant experience and good command of AutoCAD and GIS knowledge, Knowledge of computer applications, Valid motorcycle driving licence with at least 3 years working experience in water production and distribution works. Age Limit 20 – 35.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The holder of this position carries out site visit to Water applicant to verify and re-check the viability and take measurements. The outputs of this position are therefore reflected in the quick response site visit to water applicant and cost estimate for the proposed water connection in accordance to the established Customer chatter. The outputs of this position are therefore reflected in the quality of maps and customers data in the section shall also perform the following duties:
• Receives Customer application forms from CSD;
• Carries opposite investigation to water applicant for new connection, renew of service line, meter shift, meter separation and pipe re-allocation for measurements and verification on the submitted customer particulars.
• Indicates the location map number of the particular applicant and sketches a proposal for water connection in a hard copy with existing pipelines, plots, blocks, roads etc.
• Prepare cost estimate (BOQ) for the proposed work execution and submit the observations to the PCE.
• Undertakes site visit and preparation of cost estimates for the water network extension, developments and modernization in accordance with the programs prepared by the PCE
• Comply with ISO requirements on the daily activities
• Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Planning and Construction Engineer.
- This job has expired!