- Provision of guidance, technical oversight, and professional procurement advise on all matters related to procurement activities of the project;
- Prepare and update Annual Procurement Plan (APP) based on annual work plans and budget;
- Preparing procurement notices, expression of interests, bidding documents and requests for proposals (RFP) to guarantee compliance with the World Bank guidelines;
- Advising on the most appropriate procurement methods;
- Keeping track of agreed dates in the tender documents and liaising with implementing units to ensure that all activities take place on the dates stipulated in the tender documents;
- Arranging and attending bid-opening meetings for all procurement packages, and advising on the proceedings and record minutes;
- Assisting and providing advice on the conduct of bid evaluation and Drafting of contracts;
- Preparing and maintaining procurement records and contracts register;
- Assist PMU in producing all necessary reports for submission to the Ministerial Tender Board and the World Bank.
- Attend all issues related to contract supervision/ management and administration;
The Procurement Manager is expected to have the following relevant skills and qualifications:
- University degree with major in a relevant discipline and training in procurement work;
- A post graduate degree will be an added advantage; £
- At least 5 years of general experience with experience in public procurement work;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement under any Donor Funded Project
- Good knowledge of all concepts, principles and approaches to procurement, and of public procurement system, functions and practices, familiar with Public Procurement Act of 2004 with its associated regulations and Guidelines of various Development Partners.
The Procurement Manager shall report directly to the TPSF Executive Director.
The ideal candidate must be well organized, self-motivated, highly responsible and able to work in teams, analytical, conceptually thinking, ability to take risks and make independent decisions; ability to work unsupervised and under pressure; fluency in spoken and written English; and with good computer skills.
All these positions will be recruited on a one-year renewal basis and receive an attractive salary commensurate to the level of skills and experience. The contract may be renewed contingent upon project budgeting and satisfactory performance evaluation.
Deadlines & Requirements
The deadline is two (2) weeks after appearance of this advertisement
Please send your well written Application Letter accompanied by your updated CV.