We are looking for a Procurement Officer who will be responsible for the external negotiation and purchase of supplies and services at minimum cost, consistent with delivery requirements and quality specifications, expediting, and vendor evaluation duties in accordance with standard purchasing procedures. Must identify and investigate new sources of supply, cost and delivery. If you have experience with this tasks, very strong interpersonal skills due to daily interaction with vendors then this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Solicit and analyse tenders from prospective suppliers and make recommendations to the Kivulini Tender Committee.
• Drafting and negotiation of purchase contracts for products and services necessary to the efficient running of the Kivulini Maternity Centre.
• Allocate purchase requests to preferred suppliers and ensure timely delivery of all required services.
• Develop a procurement strategy that ensures price effectiveness, product quality, regulatory compliance and robust supply alternatives for the most vital supplies.
• Liaise with the Tanzanian Food and Drug Administration, Tanzanian Bureau of Standards and the Tanzanian Revenue Authority to ensure all necessary import documentation is prepared consistent with Maternity Africa’s tax status.
• Liaise with the selected clearing agents to ensure the cost effective and timely transport of imported goods to the Kivulini Maternity Centre.
• Maintenance and protection of all documents relating to negotiated contacts and purchases.
• Validate supplier invoices for conformity with purchase orders and supply contracts and recommend them for payment.
• Ensuring Supplier, contract and purchase information is accurately entered into the Maternity Africa Purchasing, Inventory and Accounting Information Technology Systems.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Keep updated on changes in the marketplace, suppliers or legal requirements and make recommendations to minimise the impact Maternity Africa.
• Collaborate with Key personal to ensure purchases are within the requirements of the department and company.
• Perform any other relevant duties as required by the management in the day to day running of the Kivulini Maternity Centre.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of a diploma in Procurement or Purchasing and supplies management.
• Three years’ Experience
• Familiarity with IT based purchasing and stock management system
• Strong competence with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word
• Uncompromising Integrity
• Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
• Excellent oral, negotiation and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• A start-up personality; independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, flexible and able to deal well with short lead times
How to Apply
Please send CV and Cover Letter Online