Reports to: Senior Project Officer, General Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: July-December, 2019
The Project Officer will support the delivery of health, water sanitation and hygiene programs with the aim of improving the well-being of the children. Based on this, multiple programs will be implemented such as children registration to health insurance, organizing community health workers, improvement of sanitation facilities, trainings, WASH clubs formation etc. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating Health and WASH sector in Madale, Bagamoyo, Kigamboni, Salasala, and Fukayosi Community Development Projects (CDPs) per approved plan
- Preparing activity plans for all projects after project proposal has been approved by the International Head Quarter.
- Preparing budget requests, requisition accordingly and submits for approval on time
- Support vulnerable children/sponsored children to access medical services through registering them with CHF and NHIF insurance and attend Health case management.
- Establish and training Community Health Workers (CHWs) group who provide health education to majority of community.
- Prepare and submit report for all activities implemented in Health sector and submit to General Manager by the specified due date.
- Supporting WASH activities by making follow up on WASH clubs, water infrastructure management as per approved plan.
- Any other related duty as may be assigned
- Knowledge on Project planning, operation, management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Excellent communication skills.
Qualification and experiences
- Bachelor degree in public health, social science, project planning, community development and any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Three years (3) experience in community development and related projects.