Reports to: Senior Project Officer, General Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: July-December, 2019
The Project Officer will support the delivery of health, water sanitation and hygiene programs with the aim of improving the well-being of the children. Based on this, multiple programs will be implemented such as children registration to health insurance, organizing community health workers, improvement of sanitation facilities, trainings, WASH clubs formation etc. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating education and advocacy sector per approved plan, proposal or any GNTZ guideline.
- Preparation of activity plan of all projects after the project proposal has been approved by the International Head Quarter.
- Training and strengthening Advocacy clubs and support their activities in conveying and advocating child rights to the community.
- Survey, identify and formulating strategies for supporting sponsored children in education program.
- Cooperating with government to offer technical support and consultation on all technical related issues during project implementation e.g. Construction work, drilling water infrastructures, trainings etc.
- Cooperate with project stakeholders includes Community Development Committees, Village Government, community and others on an ongoing basis.
- Provide recommendations for smoothly operation of education and advocacy projects.
- Any other related duty as may be assigned.
- Research and report writing skills and ability to interpret or present data.
- Proposal writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of community and social issues
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, development studies, gender issues, education or any other related field.
- Three years (3) working experience in community development activities.