- Support the Project Coordinator in managing the Specific Sector Skills Council at the Foundation.
- Stakeholder’s identification and coordination in the respective sectors
- Develop and implement strategies, work plans and budget for the respective sector skills council.
- Identifying and prioritizing skills needs in the respective sector in collaboration with sector stakeholders.
- Support in developing industry skills strategies and plans to achieve priority goals and respective implementing Plans/Programs in line with the NSDS.
- Provide support in defining and revising occupational and competency standards, training programs and curricula in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Coordinate Public Private Partnership in training delivery with appropriate linkages to the SSC.
- Establish linkages with enterprise-based training institutions to promote entrepreneurial culture.
- Work closely with sector stakeholders on information and knowledge sharing on progress and results for the different interventions in the program.
- Work with media and communications activities to ensure visibility of Sector Skills Council and TPSF at the national level.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate Sector Skills Councils activities in close collaboration with the M&E specialist and the Secretariat.
- Prepare and review annual work plans in addition to monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports with regards to the roles of the respective Sector Skill Councils.
- Explore new areas for support that are in line with the NSDS Strategic objectives and advise accordingly.
- Prepare and implement Sector Skills Council Sustainability Plan
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by the SSCs Coordinator from time to time.
Academic and professional qualifications
Tourism and Hospitality Sector Coordinator:
University degree or Ordinary Diploma from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Tourism Management, Tourism Marketing, Management or Business or related field with strong experience in Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
All candidates must possess extensive experience in project planning and management, with sound knowledge of contemporary issues in the labor market and skills development. A mix of work experience in both public and private sectors would be an advantage.
- A self-motivated individual able to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Well informed with labor market information of the sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence, network and build sound, productive working relationships and networks.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate and articulate key issues.
- Strong analytical and advocacy skills.
- Good understanding of key national contexts as relating to skills development.
- Fluent (writing, reading and speaking) in both English and Swahili
- Good computer skills
- A minimum of five years at a senior level in a relevant and reputable institution, or in an international organization, with proven skills in the management and coordination of donor funded projects,
- Extensive experience in project, planning and management, with sound knowledge of contemporary issues in the labor market and skills development.
Deadlines & Requirements
The deadline is two (2) weeks after appearance of this advertisement
Please send your well written Application Letter accompanied by your updated CV.